MY CLASSIC RANTS!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

GIVE IT UP!



I must say, I am getting tired of people demanding that I "give it up" for someone every time I turn around.  Everywhere you go, it seems a person is urging a crowd to applaud wildly for a random joe who has supposedly done something incredible.  Really people?  I don't think folks are doing stuff that awesome that often.

I have to admit that, even though I am a Christian who strives to love and care for others, the silliness and strange phenomena of everyday life just bewilder me.  Do you ever feel that way?  I don't know, sometimes I think I'm alone in those thoughts!

Back to giving it up, is anyone even noticing what they're giving it up for?  I think it happens so often, people just reflexively start clapping whenever anyone shouts the dreaded command.  It kinda loses some specialness if you're doing it every five minutes.

While we're on the topic, have you ever noticed the sheep mentality of people when one lone person starts applauding?  It rapidly rushes morphs into everyone clapping.  Why must we join in?  At my daughter's dance recital last year, an annoying audience member clapped after every stage entrance and stage exit, as well as after every pirouette, pause and plie!  Yep, everyone else followed suit.  Not me...I sat and tried not to be distracted from the performance.  You see, normally, applause occurs when a group of dancers finishes their dance and leaves the stage, not after every movement of every pointed toe! Arrrrrrggghhhh!  It was totally distracting and I was ready to pull my hair out by the end of the recital!  I was just wishing everyone would just let the enthusiastic clapper clap by herself - they only encouraged the insanity!!!

Enough!!!  Now I've vented, at least for the time being.  Did ya like my post?  C'mon, GIVE IT UP for me then!

Laughing, Lollie Gagger

No comments:

Post a Comment