MY CLASSIC RANTS!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Feelings Forbidden

I don’t like to be told what to do! How bout you? I guess no one does.

But I REALLY don’t like to be told what to FEEL. In my life, there have always been those who tell me how I SHOULD feel in response to events, life, etc. Has that ever happened to you? Makes you feel pretty small and unimportant, huh?!

sad kitty

Due to my experience, I try to validate how my children feel. If they feel a certain way, that is their own personal feeling and they have every right to it! What I can help them with is choosing how to react to that feeling. And I can hold them responsible and accountable for their reaction action. But, they can still feel how they feel!

I am still being told how to feel by some people in my life, but I am so thankful God gave me a husband who wants me to be me, who wants to know my feelings about things, and who helps me determine how to go forward in the most productive way. He is such a blessing! And I’m grateful my Father always wants to know exactly how I feel and wants me to seek solace and guidance from Him.

So…how do you FEEL about what I said? Hee hee!

Laughing, LG

2 comments:

  1. It never made sense to me to tell someone to feel a certain way. Thank goodness for smart hubbies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you think..and feel. I am thankful that God takes us and loves us just the way we are!
    I am tagging along(following) on Tag-Along Tuesday.
    Come visit me @
    www.happyfamilyhappykids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete