MY CLASSIC RANTS!

Friday, April 16, 2010

LINE LUNACY

Of course, there are so, so many things about waiting in line that can drive you crazy if you let them.  But one thing that keeps happening to me recently is when someone in front of me in line tries to take care of detailed business with the person at the counter and insists on going over and over it while a dozen or so people are behind them tapping their feet. 

I’m referring to lines that are not meant for detailed business.  Such as, a couple days ago when I was in line at my daughter’s dance school to pick up a recital packet and buy extra tix, the lady in front of me insisted on reviewing her billing statement for the entire year with the girl working the desk.  I really felt like the desk person should’ve asked her to step aside and let a few quick customers go on through, but NO.  I waited for at least 15 minutes, then I broke down and did something kind of rude.  I hate doing rude things, but my two sons (one is a teen, so I didn’t leave little ones by themselves!) were waiting in the very hot car b/c I didn’t think I’d be in there long.  When the desk worker started turning her computer monitor around to further consult about the $10 that was/wasn’t supposed to be on the statement, I spoke up and asked if I could just get my packet and tix b/c my kids were in the car.  They allowed it.  It took about 1-1/2 minutes for my transaction and I was out of there.  I thanked them profusely and departed, leaving about 8 people in line behind her trying to remain patient.

Honestly, it seems as if some folks just don’t even realize there are other people in the world with things to do and places to be.  Hmmmph!  Well, thanks for the venting therapy!

Laughing (not really), LG

No comments:

Post a Comment