MY CLASSIC RANTS!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Constant Competition

Are you competitive? The world sure is! Some people are competitive over everything – even weird things like:
You’re sick? Well, let me tell you about what I had a couple weeks ago – I was much sicker!
You paid how much for your property taxes? You don’t know anything! Mine were much, much more!
You say little Jimmy had 2 hours of homework last night? Well, my Stuart worked on his from 5pm until 1am in the morning!

Now, why, I ask you, would anyone want to be sicker, owe more money or have a child with burdensome amounts of homework? Why? Because, in their mind, that’s winning!!! It’s a crazy world we live in.
Let me go on record as saying I would like to be less sick, owe less money and for my kids to have less homework! I’m fine with “losing” in these areas – ha!
Laughing, Lollie Gagger

1 comment: