MY CLASSIC RANTS!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

It’s All About Them

Seems there’s an epidemic of “all about me” behavior lately. I have to aggressively fight it myself! But, it really is unattractive in a person.

You know, the person who always relates every story you tell or comment you make to something that happened to them. They call it “relating” and I call it “rude.”

The guy whose experiences are always much better (or worse) than you own. He just can’t let you have one iota of the spotlight, right?!

It just makes me want to clam up and crawl under a hole. They wouldn’t notice anyway…

Still, I am thankful God shows us things in others that bug us educate us in what we may need to improve in ourselves. Here’s to you, awesome rant reader!

Laughing, LG

2 comments:

  1. I am one of those people. I honestly don't mean to be, and I do consider it relating, I'm not looking to steal anyone's thunder. I know that when I'm having a rough time it's nice to know I'm not alone. I plan on making more of an effort not to be one of those people though.

    fromlazytolady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. these people are called one uppers! everything you say, they one up you by something bigger or better.....i guess just try to find the 'nice' in them.....but i agree it is very annoying at times!!!

    ReplyDelete